A US citizen and their fiance may apply for a fiance visa, which is also called a K-1 nonimmigrant visa. The partner who is a US citizen must first file form I-129F; Petition for Alien Fiance. The couple must intend to marry within 90 days of the fiance entering the US on a K-1 visa, and must intend to establish a life long partnership. Hoover Law Group has extensive experience helping clients apply for K-1 visas and would be happy to help you in your process.