If you have lost a loved one because of an auto accident, due to the negligence or recklessness of another person, or due to a defect of the vehicle, you could be eligible for compensation as a family member. Those who can file are typically the spouse, child or parent of the deceased. A personal representative of the estate can also file on behalf of the estate and immediate family. These cases involve the estate of the deceased, creditors from the hospital and / or funeral services, and possible liability issues of the surrounding accident. The Hoover Law Group has handled these cases in Washington, Oregon and New York and can effectively obtain favorable results for those who have lost family members due to catastrophic accidents