In fiancé K-1 applications, the U.S. citizen partner must file a Form I-129F Petition for Alien Fiancé(e) with the USCIS Dallas Lockbox facility. Once this petition is approved, it will be sent to a USCIS service center, which will then direct the petition to the U.S. embassy or consulate with jurisdiction over the foreign national partner. The embassy or consulate will send a detailed “Instruction Package” and information for setting up an interview to determine the foreign national partner’s eligibility for the visa. If approved, the foreign national will receive a visa and must enter the U.S. within 6 months and marry within 90 days of that entry. The final step is to file a Form I-485 Application for Adjustment of Status in order to become a conditional permanent resident.